Friday, May 1, 2009

Trumpet has been in a bit of a funk lately. Some of you may know that Trumpet and Miss Maggie of Dear Daisy Cottage have had a bit of a falling out. Maggie's moved on. Maybe you saw the comment Trumpet left on the post that broke his heart.


Fickleness thy name is Maggie.

I thought we had something special. That we understood each other. Sure, these long-dog/long-distance things are seldom smooth, but now I see you have a new hound in your life. Flowers, Maggie? I never knew you like flowers. I thought that the occasional stick and dead chickadee was romantic AND original. But you sold me out for some lousy tulips and some soul full eyes.

Well, I hope you two are very happy on your little walk. Really. I'm not bitter. There are other dogs in the park.

If you want me I'll be listening to Sade on my iPup or watching The Notebook over and over and NOT THINKING ABOUT YOU. Or your cute little bandanna. Or the way your ears look all fluffy when you're napping.

Posted by: Trumpet | April 24, 2009 at 10:34 AM


I've been trying to cheer him up, get him "back on the horse" so to speak. I'm thinking of posting this for him on one of the dating sites, maybe PetChemistry.com? Let me know what you think:



Single Black & Tan male seeks female companion who enjoys napping, chewing, and long walks. Chivalry is not dead, I will supply the plastic bag for pick up. I enjoy footwear, dead birds, and rolling in foul-odored, decomposing material. I majored in Liberal Arfs. My philosophy on life is that edible is a state of mind.

I'd like to share my perfect, romantic dinner with you. We'd begin with a flip-flop appetizer by candlelight followed by licking the remnants out of a Lean Cuisine tray with a side of Legos. For dessert: I would love to feed you a very collectible and expensive Yu Gi Oh card. We can finish with two clear pink marbles swallowed whole.

Sense of humor and aversion to Basset Hounds and tulips a must.

3 comments:

Daisy Cottage said...

"Liberal Arfs"???
LOL
OMG
Soooooo funny!

As Maggie's Mother I do apologize for her fickleness. She has been a love-sick gal around here for about a week now.

Trumpet - I love you!
And, Maggie really does too. Promise.



xo,
Kim

Unknown said...

Thats is so adorable...PetChemistry.com...LOL

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Kristen Beason said...

Write a novel already! Bigger than Bombeck :)