Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Eavesdropping on the Praters


Mark: You know, Atlanta just isn't freakin' hot enough in July. Isn't there a way we can get closer to the equator without leaving the contiguous US?

Cheryl: Hey! I know! Let's visit my folks in South Florida. We can pack up the boys and the dog and burn about $400 in gas by driving 20+ hours round trip! Oooh....maybe Trumpet will vomit!

Mark: Great idea, but I'm worried about gaining weight while we're at your folks'.

Cheryl: Yeah, my Mom's a great cook.

Mark: True, but it's not that. I'm concerned about the empty calories in all the beer I'll have to drink to get through the visit.

2 comments:

Scrabblequeen said...

Okay...that was my grin for the morning. Thanks!

Brogato Family said...

I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained in December with all the good cookin'!