Saturday, January 19, 2008

Blind Date

I did these two last night. Each is on a 4 x 6 canvas panel. I don't like how thick the outline is around their heads and limbs, but I got impatient and wanted to finish them. I used the only Permapaque marker I have which is pretty thick.

I experimented with the background painting it first with acrylic then putting a wash of dye ink over it and finally scribbling some caran d'ache on top and wetting it to blend.

They met on DinoMatch.com. (I've decided they are sort of evolved dinosaurs.)

I gotta tell ya, weekly art is giving me more time to play with other things. My total amount of studio time per week is probably about the same, but I spend more time experimenting/learning.

2 comments:

Debbi Crane said...

i STILL think they look like rabbits and i just figgered out why. It's that little nose and the line that goes from the nose to the mouth - very rabbity. That and the long ears.

e.beck.artist said...

yes! evolved dinosaurs ... i totally see that .....