Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow on the Kudzu

I used to live up north, so I know this is what spring looks like up there, but down here? This is pretty unusual. In the nearly six years I've lived in Georgia, this is only the second time we've had snow and the first time it's stuck for more than a couple of hours.

The streets didn't ice over so school wasn't called off, much to the boys' disappointment and my relief.


Trumpet seemed to like the slushiness. Here he is, looking regal as always. Ironic, since he's such a goofball. What a poser.

2 comments:

Rainbo said...

We lived in an Atlanta suburb for 3-1/2 years and one of the things I remember is the wonderful climate there. Just enough winter to enjoy. We tried to drive up to the Blue Ridge whenever we heard there had been snow. Being Florida natives, we enjoyed our first ever snowball fight.

Thanks for sparking some memories.

BTW, is the man on the lower left of your header a relative? He looks so much like my Greek father.

Cheryl Prater said...

Rainbo - Yes! That's my Popou Thanasi when he was in his late twenties/early thirties.