Monday, January 22, 2007

Pain in my neck



For those of you who are wondering if I have fallen off my daily art wagon, I have not missed a day -- I just haven't posted until now. Today's tile shows the location of my ailment that has kept me from spending any additional time at the computer -- in my cervical vertebrae: C-4 I think. My x-ray looked much cuter than the skeleton here.

Couldn't lift my head off the pillow this morning, but the good Dr. H adjusted me once this morning and again this afternoon. I now have limited but improved mobility. (Note: It's hard to parallel park when you can't turn your head. And I was never that good at it anyway.)



Bunny with carrot from Saturday.


This is Sunday's tile sporting a face made of Delight paper clay. I pressed the Delight into a mold and voila! Excellent for those of use who have NO sculptural talent. The background is made of microbeads affixed to the tile. The hat and arm-thingies are copper mesh. Not very scan-friendly. It looks like the tile was speeding by at 75 mph when I scanned it.

The boys and I made a whole bunch of faces out of Sculpey, too. It's was fun to pull on the clay and distort the image. These faces are all from the same mold but I yanked on the ones on either side to make them look rounder. Unfortunately, they don't scan well because they're too dimensional -- they have their noses pressed up against the glass. I am incorporating an oval face Sculpey piece into an assemblage that I will photograph. Don't know what I'm going to do with this trio of nickel-sized faces yet.



No comments: