Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Link-O-Rama Newbie

Meet Betsy Karounos. She's an extremely gifted oil painter, portrait artist, print maker and all around sweetheart. She's also my aunt.

Whoa now. Gear down, big shifter. Before you get any ideas about artistic talent running the in the family (it actually does, but has blessed the Karoubas side more so than the Karounoses) let me be clear: she's my aunt through marriage. Married to my Uncle Michael, who is 16 years Dad's junior, Betsy's really a contemporary and more like a sister-in-law to me.

In addition to her artistic talents, Betsy sings like an angel, plays the flute, sews, and makes a great spanokopita. If you're really nice to her she may give you her recipe for Dark Chocolate Truffles. Talk about mixed media! Ok, I'm spitting (Toosoo!)

Congrats on the new website, Bets. xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Visit my blog today to see!

Brogato Family said...

Betsy your artwork is spectacular....

Cheryl, your blog is so great...and what a writer! I love visiting.

Brogato Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.